May 6, 2021
Roasted Baby Artichokes
12 baby artichokes
1 lemon, sliced thin
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse artichokes well under cold water or immerse them repeatedly into water.
- Set aside a large bowl of cool water mixed with 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Drop artichokes into the water as soon as you have trimmed them to prevent browning.
- Cut stems and the top one-third of each artichoke off.
- Pull back the leaves until they snap off.
- Continue to snap them off, turning as you go, until you have reached the pale yellow leaves.
- Cut the artichokes in half or quarters and place them into the lemon water.
- In a roasting pan, toss the baby artichokes with lemon slices, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast until they are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and stir, roast another 10-15 minutes or until artichokes begin to turn brown.
- Serve as a side dish or toss with pasta and Parmesan cheese.
If you would like to purchase extra virgin olive oil from Tenuta Le Mandorlaie for use in your creations, all the products available can be found on the Tenuta Le Mandorlaie website